[TxMt] Flash Environment Issue

Gaby Vanhegan gaby at vanhegan.net
Wed Aug 15 17:03:53 UTC 2007

Hi,

I've been using TM to develop flash apps for a few months now, and
whilst I like the integration with MTASC provided by Alé I have found
one serious problem with the way it preview the flash movies.

If you build a movie in MTASC and it pops up in the textmate preview
browser, you can interact with it, do whatever, it's all fine.  When
you close the preview window it appears that the flash continues to
run after you've closed the window.  Whatever renders the HTML (I
presume some part of the Safari core or WebKit) doesn't close itself
down properly when the window is closed.

This is a problem as one of the apps I am working in is fairly CPU
intensive, so after I've built with MTASC once and previewed it,
after I close the window everything is still running at 100% cpu as
the flash app is still churning away in the background.

Is there any way to cleanly remove the browser preview when the
window is closed?  To totally destroy the environment it created
during that preview?  Or at least is there some way to find and
terminate the flash player that is running in it?

Gaby

--
Junkets for bunterish lickspittles since 1998!
http://www.playr.co.uk/