[TxMt] Re: New LaTeX Bundle + Master File + Completion

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 16:38:39 UTC 2007

On Aug 14, 2007, at 10:25 AM, Brad Miller wrote:

>> Can we move the file to the LaTeX bundle and then in Support create a
>> symbolic link that points to ../../Bundles/Latex.tmbundle/Support/…
>>
>> The completion command can still read it via TM_SUPPORT_PATH, but the
>> rest of the commands should use TM_BUNDLE_SUPPORT.
>
> I tried that idea as an experiment and it seems to work.  I guess
> that should be OK as long as people do 'sensible' things when they
> check out the svn repository.  If they check out the support
> directory one place and put the Latex bundle somewhere else that
> will break the symlinks. I think its still a win as that only
> breaks the completion commands whereas moving LaTeXUtils to the
> bundle reduces external dependencies for a bunch of commands.

That seems reasonable, and we can drop the link in any case once TM
2.0 is around. I would think it extremely unlikely for anyone to
check the two things in different places (though I guess I have heard
of people doing an svn checkout at the Pristine Copy dir, so you
never know).

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College