[TxMt] Re: New LaTeX Bundle + Master File + Completion

Brad Miller bmiller at luther.edu
Tue Aug 14 14:25:19 UTC 2007

--
Brad Miller
Assistant Professor, Computer Science
Luther College

On 8/14/07, Allan Odgaard <throw-away-1 at macromates.com> wrote:

> On Aug 14, 2007, at 7:09 AM, Brad Miller wrote:
>
> > [...] If you updated your Latex bundle in the last few days you
> > should also update the main support directory to get an updated
> > version of LaTeXUtils.rb
>
> Can we move the file to the LaTeX bundle and then in Support create a
> symbolic link that points to ../../Bundles/Latex.tmbundle/Support/…
>
> The completion command can still read it via TM_SUPPORT_PATH, but the
> rest of the commands should use TM_BUNDLE_SUPPORT.

I tried that idea as an experiment and it seems to work.  I guess that
should be OK as long as people do 'sensible' things when they check out the
svn repository.  If they check out the support directory one place and put
the Latex bundle somewhere else that will break the symlinks. I think its
still a win as that only breaks the completion commands whereas moving
LaTeXUtils to the bundle reduces external dependencies for a bunch of
commands.

Why is it that the completion command
completionCommand = '"$TM_SUPPORT_PATH/bin/LatexLabelCompletions.rb"';

Works but I am not able to use TM_BUNDLE_SUPPORT as part of the completion?
TM_BUNDLE_SUPPORT is not defined for completions?

Brad