[TxMt] LaTeX-Bundle Fink-Port cite-Problems

MarkusGMX mmuell25 at gmx.de
Wed Aug 1 22:30:21 UTC 2007

Hi all!
Sorry for asking this - I assume this is a stupid question, but I am
new to Textmate and not very familiar with the terminal.

So thanks in advance for being patient and helping me:
I have installed Latex via fink. The LaTeX-binaries are stored in /sw/
bin/ and I have the latest Version of Textmate and the latest Version
of MacOSX Tiger.
Compiling latex-documents from Textmate worked out of the box without
any configuration.

But there are two things, that don't work:
1.) Bibdesk (also latest Version) auto-Completion doesn't work: when
pressing alt-esc within \cite{u} for example I get the following
error message:
"The tex binaries cannot be located!" (I don't understand this,
because latex-compiling works!!) The bibdesk auto-completion works
fine with Textedit for example.

2.) Same Problem when using the "Citation based on Current Word"-
command from the LaTeX-Bundle. It doesn't work and I get the same
error message: "The tex binaries cannot be located!"

According to the manual it looks like, that I must add the /sw/bin to
the path, but I am not really sure about this, since compiling tex
files works. Also as mentioned above I am not familiar with the
terminal and don't know how to do this. (Sorry)

So whats wrong?
Can anybody help me, please?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best wishes