[TxMt] Blogging from behind a proxy

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Apr 27 14:14:51 UTC 2007

On 2. Apr 2007, at 08:13, Bonhôte André wrote:

[...]
>> Unfortunately this user/pass/port is not enough for some proxies
>> (where you login or have auto config/discovery or something like
>> that). I don’t have a proxy myself, and I have no experience with
>> them, so this project to update the bundles to support proxies,
>> quickly stranded.
> I have been working with different proxies (squid, cacheflow, ms
> proxy) for quite a while, and I always only needed hostname:port to
> connect to them. I guess having user:pass at host:port in the bundles
> solves the proxy madness in around 80% of the cases - might be
> worth continuing on this track.

I added the following page to the wiki: http://macromates.com/wiki/
ToDo/Proxy

It seems that curl (and presumably other shell commands) understand
the http_proxy environment variable (found out from here [1]).

I have made room for a list of commands that does not work with
proxies (when this variable is set). So proxy users, please add to
the list if there are commands you find not working.

[1]: http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20070424075935936