[TxMt] Blogging from behind a proxy

Bonhôte André andre at bonhote.org
Mon Apr 2 06:13:59 UTC 2007

On 31.03.2007, at 16:55, Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On 30. Mar 2007, at 17:07, Grant Hollingworth wrote:
>
>>> My favourised solution would be that TM takes over the system
>>> proxy  out of OS X's "Location"s.
>> The proxy information is in  /Library/Preferences/
>> SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist, but it lists all the
>> network interfaces and I'm not sure how to tell which one will be
>> used.
>
> There is a Support/bin/proxy_config command which I made to dump
> the proxy settings, and it was my intent to make the various bundle
> commands use this (preferably through some wrapper -- I wonder why
> curl and friends are not modified on OS X to use the system wide
> proxy settings?).

Yup, sucks definitely.

> Unfortunately this user/pass/port is not enough for some proxies
> (where you login or have auto config/discovery or something like
> that). I don’t have a proxy myself, and I have no experience with
> them, so this project to update the bundles to support proxies,
> quickly stranded.

I have been working with different proxies (squid, cacheflow, ms
proxy) for quite a while, and I always only needed hostname:port to
connect to them. I guess having user:pass at host:port in the bundles
solves the proxy madness in around 80% of the cases - might be worth
continuing on this track.

Cheers

André