[TxMt] command to web and back

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Apr 20 20:52:21 UTC 2007

On 20. Apr 2007, at 20:37, Lawrence Curtis wrote:

> [...]
> What i plan on doing is coding a script in preference this would
> sit somewhere on our server so it could be easily globally
> updated.  This script would ask a few questions and then generate a
> zip file or a new folder in the repository, not sure which yet.
> The wish then is to take these files and plonk them into a
> project.  Now im pretty sure the way to do this would be to pass
> back to the script that opened the browser window some sort of
> reference.  Do you guys (and girls) know of a way to either a) post
> something back into a script after a window has opened or find out
> the url of a web window when it closes?

So if I understand correctly, user on machine A loads a web page, on
the web page he answers some questions, and on a server, a  package
is generated.

Now you want machine A to fetch this package from the server? But you
do not want to just do it as a regular download initiated from the
browser?

How is the web page reached in the first place? Using a normal
browser or is this from a TextMate command with HTML output?