[TxMt] seeing the size of the current selection

Craig Schmidt craig at craigschmidt.com
Fri Apr 20 20:35:44 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I'm a fairly new TextMate user, and have a few things I miss from
previous editors.  I'll just mention two:

1) Is there a way to see the size of the current selection on the
status bar at the bottom of the screen?

i.e.  If I have 10 lines selected to show...

Line: 42  Column: 24   Selection: 10

I often edit data files where I want to (say) remove the last 100
lines, and that isn't easy to do.

2) Why does the column edit mode select an extra line at the end?

Say I've selected a block of five lines:

1
2
3
4
5

If I press the option key to get the first column, and then type
something, it also has a selection on the line after 5.

That is, you get:

//1
//2
//3
//4
//5
//

That always messes me up a bit.

I'm enjoying my new life in TextMate, and thanks for any suggestions.

-Craig Schmidt