[TxMt] LaTeX with TL2007

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Thu Apr 12 17:20:38 UTC 2007

On Apr 12, 2007, at 10:56 AM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> Le 12 avr. 07 à 16:03, Charilaos Skiadas a écrit :
>
>> TextMate first and foremost asks the shell directly for "which
>> kpsewhich". If that fails, then it looks at a couple of hard-coded
>> paths, namely:
>>
>> /usr/texbin/
>> /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/
>> /usr/local/teTeX/bin/i386-darwin
>> /opt/local/bin/
>>
>> Finally, it sources /etc/profile and then tries "which kpsewhich"
>> again. This last one should work as long as the shell is
>> configured to use this new distribution.
>
> Where are this code ?

In the global Support/lib/LaTeXUtils.rb

> perhaps now you can adapt this ...because for teTeX, now it is dead...

Yes but there are still a lot of people using it. The first thing we
check is /usr/texbin. After a lot of discussion in the mactex mailing
list we settled on making this directory be a symbolic link to the
current LaTeX distribution, whatever it may be. So if that is set up
properly, it will be used. To make it still work for old users who
haven't moved with the times (and I am actually one of them) or are
using MacPorts, we also check a series of particular paths.

>> Let me try to understand your situation. Is this TeXLive distro
>> the only one you will be using in this computer,
>
> yes the only one and it's the "official" texlive for unix. The idea
> is to have the same on the mac and on the pc.
> with the same paths !
>
>> or do you want to be able to go back and forth between than and
>> MacTeX (tetex)? Because if it is the only one, then I see no
>> reason why you wouldn't want to just set a symbolic link from /usr/
>> texbin to it. That is probably the simplest solution I think.
>
> no i want one and only one distribution ! the path /usr/local/
> texlive/2007/bin/powerpc-darwin/

Ok, in that case just set a symbolic link from /usr/texbin to it, and
all will work just fine. Something like this should do it:

ln -s /usr/local/texlive/2007/bin/powerpc-darwin /usr/texbin

Probably needs "sudo" in front of it.

> Greetings Alain Matthes

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College