[TxMt] Completion Nib

Joachim Mårtensson joachimm at etek.chalmers.se
Thu Apr 5 20:44:57 UTC 2007

> What would need to happen is that while you're typing you can open up
> the completion panel, but keep on typing.
> 	Escape would banish the panel
> 	Up and down would move the selection in the completion list
> 		and insert the rest of what you're typing
> 		and select it
> 	right would banish the list and keep the currently selected completion
> 	etc...
>
> Is that at all doable?
You can not update the TextMate editor when running a command or plug-in,
in other words typing in TextMate to reduce the list of completion is
currently impossible. What you could do is move the typing to an external
textfield that would in turn reduce the list of completions. To me
personally that is not worth investing time and effort in, since I would
imagine that it would be difficult not to disrupt the flow of editing when
suddenly your typing is thrown into a different editing context. I  think
Allan is planning on adding shrink-list-as-you-type-completion in TM2.0.

Joachim Mårtensson