[TxMt] Completion Nib

Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) oblivious at subtlegradient.com
Thu Apr 5 17:08:55 UTC 2007

Ahoy TextMateys…

I like the cocoa completion menu thing.
	Open TextEdit. Type a few letters. Hit option-escape.

I want to make a tm_dialog nib that works exactly like that one does.
	Does anyone know if that is at all possible?

I like the current dialog menu that we have with tm_dialog --menu.
	But it's really not ideal for doing code completion.

What would need to happen is that while you're typing you can open up
the completion panel, but keep on typing.
	Escape would banish the panel
	Up and down would move the selection in the completion list
		and insert the rest of what you're typing
		and select it
	right would banish the list and keep the currently selected completion
	etc...

Is that at all doable?

thomas Aylott — subtleGradient — CrazyEgg — sixteenColors