[TxMt] XCode - Clickable error messages

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Thu Apr 5 16:54:14 UTC 2007

On Apr 5, 2007, at 12:26 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 5. Apr 2007, at 00:41, Benjamin Jackson wrote:
>
>> Just put this patch together to add clickable error messages to
>> the XCode bundle:
>
> This is for the console output, i.e. the output from the program
> being run, right?
>
> I am puzzled by why only lines having ‘Contents/Resources’ in the
> line is an error.
>
> Related to this, I have an ASSERT() macro which aborts() and does a
> stack dump from the place where it aborts, this stack dump has
> files and line numbers, and I’ve been pondering making that into
> clickable links -- the format though is not the standard:

I have done just that, using a small perl postprocessor parsing the
output from the run_xcodebuild.sh, looking for patterns and replacing
them with txmt links. It is kind of ugly, my current project has
source files divided into folders so I devised a small search routine
that descends from TM_PROJECT_DIRECTORY to find the source file
(ignoring _darcs/.svn repositories). Works fairly well, but just to
ugly and specialized to my environment to share.

Ideally we'd come up with a standard pattern for error messages, and
add that functionality into the xcode stuff. That way anyone could
generate clickable links by just formatting log or error messages in
a certain way.

Gerd