[TxMt] LaTeX command completion shortcut

Niels Kobschätzki n.kobschaetzki at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 3 21:46:47 UTC 2007

On Apr 3, 2007, at 11:40 PM, Édouard Gilbert wrote:

> Le 3 avr. 07 à 23:07, Niels Kobschätzki a écrit :

>>> Well, actually, it's more like there is only cmd+opt+) and not cmd
>>> +opt+}. ;)
>>> Anyway, when editing the LaTeX bundle to switch the shortcut to
>>> the closer to default, that is cmd+opt+), one would expect the
>>> Bundle Editor to actually change. It does not. cmd+opt+) seems to
>>> be a “forbidden” shortcut, and I still can't see why.
>>
>> When I type cmd+opt+) with the French layout I get cmd+} because
>> opt+) = }
>> Therefore there is no cmd+opt+) on the French layout in contrast
>> to the US-layout ( there is a cmd+opt+) and a cmd+opt+} )
>> In the German layout there is cmd+opt+) but no cmd+opt+}
>> Ask Apple why they map the keyboard this way ;)
>
> You manage to get “cmd }” in the TextMate bundle editor ? Because I
> can't, and that would be so much more comfortable. When I type cmd
> +opt+), the shortcut don't change, the selected field don't change
> to “Scope Selector” as it does when you change to change the
> shortcut to another one. In fact, it seems to do nothing. Is cmd-}
> already used for another TextMate application shortcut or a system-
> wide shortcut ?

I could enter it w/out any problem when I'm using the French layout.
I looked through TextMate but couldn't find hat cmd-} is already
taken. In the global shortcuts I couldn't find it as well. And if it
would be, I wouldn't be able to enter it as well. I used the layout
French and not French-numerical in the International preferences
pane. Maybe that helps :)

Niels

--
Jammern für Anfänger: Niels K. (25) Jammerbacke -- auch für
professionelles Jammern zu haben