[TxMt] LaTeX command completion shortcut

Niels Kobschätzki n.kobschaetzki at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 3 21:07:41 UTC 2007

On Apr 3, 2007, at 10:54 PM, Édouard Gilbert wrote:

> Le 3 avr. 07 à 22:38, Niels Kobschätzki a écrit :
>
>> On Apr 2, 2007, at 4:21 PM, Édouard Gilbert wrote:
>>

>>> Hi every one,
>>>
>>> I haven't been able to find any post about the topic, but I must
>>> admit the
>>> number of post containing command and completion is indeed quite
>>> impressive.
>>>
>>> Here is my problem. I'm French and I'm using an azerty keyboard.
>>> I can't use
>>> the default (command - option - }) “LaTeX command completion
>>> based on
>>> current word” shortcut. On an azerty keyboard, please note it
>>> must be typed
>>> (command - option - shift - ‘)’) and that the ‘)’ is located two
>>> keys left
>>> from the delete key, next to the upper figure ‘0’. Worse, even
>>> when I try to
>>> change the shortcut to (command - option - shift - ‘)’), it
>>> doesn't work. In
>>> fact, it looks like the shortcut doesn't trigger a thing.
>>>
>>> I currently worked around the problem using (command - control -
>>> option -
>>> ‘)’) 4-fingers “shortcut”, but I'd like to switch back to normal.
>>> Do you
>>> have any idea of the reason why (command - option - ‘)’) does not
>>> work? I've
>>> been looking for such a shortcut in TextMate but haven't been
>>> able to find
>>> one.
>>
>> Because Mac OS X interprets it as something different. If I see it
>> right there is no cmd+opt+} on a French keyboard-layout, there is
>> only cmd+} because of the way } is typed ( opt+) )
>> Either you switch to another layout (preferably US) which will
>> make some other things harder for you[1]  or you put the shortcut
>> on something self-defined
>
> Well, actually, it's more like there is only cmd+opt+) and not cmd
> +opt+}. ;)
> Anyway, when editing the LaTeX bundle to switch the shortcut to the
> closer to default, that is cmd+opt+), one would expect the Bundle
> Editor to actually change. It does not. cmd+opt+) seems to be a
> “forbidden” shortcut, and I still can't see why.

When I type cmd+opt+) with the French layout I get cmd+} because opt
+) = }
Therefore there is no cmd+opt+) on the French layout in contrast to
the US-layout ( there is a cmd+opt+) and a cmd+opt+} )
In the German layout there is cmd+opt+) but no cmd+opt+}
Ask Apple why they map the keyboard this way ;)

Niels

--
Jammern für Anfänger: Niels K. (25) Jammerbacke -- auch für
professionelles Jammern zu haben