[TxMt] LaTeX command completion shortcut

Édouard Gilbert edouard.gilbert at eleves.bretagne.ens-cachan.fr
Tue Apr 3 20:54:38 UTC 2007

Le 3 avr. 07 à 22:38, Niels Kobschätzki a écrit :

> On Apr 2, 2007, at 4:21 PM, Édouard Gilbert wrote:
>

>> Hi every one,
>>
>> I haven't been able to find any post about the topic, but I must
>> admit the
>> number of post containing command and completion is indeed quite
>> impressive.
>>
>> Here is my problem. I'm French and I'm using an azerty keyboard. I
>> can't use
>> the default (command - option - }) “LaTeX command completion based on
>> current word” shortcut. On an azerty keyboard, please note it must
>> be typed
>> (command - option - shift - ‘)’) and that the ‘)’ is located two
>> keys left
>> from the delete key, next to the upper figure ‘0’. Worse, even
>> when I try to
>> change the shortcut to (command - option - shift - ‘)’), it
>> doesn't work. In
>> fact, it looks like the shortcut doesn't trigger a thing.
>>
>> I currently worked around the problem using (command - control -
>> option -
>> ‘)’) 4-fingers “shortcut”, but I'd like to switch back to normal.
>> Do you
>> have any idea of the reason why (command - option - ‘)’) does not
>> work? I've
>> been looking for such a shortcut in TextMate but haven't been able
>> to find
>> one.
>
> Because Mac OS X interprets it as something different. If I see it
> right there is no cmd+opt+} on a French keyboard-layout, there is
> only cmd+} because of the way } is typed ( opt+) )
> Either you switch to another layout (preferably US) which will make
> some other things harder for you[1]  or you put the shortcut on
> something self-defined

Well, actually, it's more like there is only cmd+opt+) and not cmd+opt
+}. ;)
Anyway, when editing the LaTeX bundle to switch the shortcut to the
closer to default, that is cmd+opt+), one would expect the Bundle
Editor to actually change. It does not. cmd+opt+) seems to be a
“forbidden” shortcut, and I still can't see why.

> Niels
>
> [1]  I have to admit that I'm a bad person, switched back to German
> layout because it was really uncomfortable for me with the US-
> layout even though I got it memorized fast, it made me slower in
> typing because of the way umlauts and ß are typed and you need them
> more often then you can imagine. When I have to type Japanese or
> Korean I stay with the US-layout as before because there it is
> strange to use the German one

Well, I certainly don't wan't to loose the possibility of typing most
accentuated letter with single stroke (with only shift or alt, for
most accentuated caps), so I can understand that.

Thanks for your help,

Édouard