[TxMt] define the name of the file _inside_ a tex file

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Fri Sep 29 17:34:13 UTC 2006

Hi Alain,
On Sep 29, 2006, at 1:10 PM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> Something like that or I put % nameofthefile at the begining of my
> document then  i select the word and with a command(script) i can
> save the file with nameofthefile

I can't think of a particularly elegant way to do this particular
task, but perhaps you could give us some more general idea of what
you would like to do in general? The way I would create  files with
given names is probably by calling the `mate` command line too,
providing it the path to the filename. For instance, doing `mate
thisfile.tex` will create a new file in the current directory, named
thisfile.tex, and open it for editing in textmate. This command could
be called from within TextMate commands, so we could do something
potentially useful to you, but not exactly what you describe very
easily. What could be done is, looking at your first line and finding
it to be a filename, create a new file with that filename and write
in it everything that the current document contains. But the current
document will still sort of remain there.

So basically there's a lot of things that can be done similar to what
you are trying to do, which might help you solve your original
problem, which we could perhaps suggest if we knew what your actual
goal is. In other words, I would suggest asking us a slightly more
general question, describing your overall goal.

Haris