[TxMt] Textmate RoR Bundle tweak - Running tests straight from TM?

Carl Lerche carl.lerche at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 20:20:57 UTC 2006

Hello,

Ok, I'm probably missing something obvious here, but I can't find
anything in textmate to let you run your tests without going to the
terminal. With everything else in there, it seems like it would be
something included.

Anyway, I took a few minutes from work to do a quick hack to the
bundle (my changes attached). I bound the run test command to command
- option - G. If the textmate cursor is in a controller or model, it
will run the associated test file. If the TM cursor is in a test file
(unit or functional) it will only run the test method that the cursor
is in (so that when I'm writing a test, I can run it real quick). If
the cursor is outside of a test method (test_*) it will run the entire
file.

I added a file to the bundle ( bin/test_helper.rb) and a command.

I also might have found a bug in the bundle. See the comments in
bin/test_helper.rb

Please let me know if there already is something out there that would
probably be far more thought through than this quick hack.

Thanks,
-carl