[TxMt] bug? pasting in overwrite mode

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Sep 20 01:38:51 UTC 2006

On 20/9/2006, at 0:59, Michael Reece wrote:

> intuitively, i would expect pasting in overwrite mode (⌥⌘O) to
> overwrite instead of insert.  doing an insert in this mode is
> especially annoying since delete (⌦) cannot delete the text that
> was shoved right.

It is by design, but I have since changed my mind ;)

In the past I have used paste as a quick way to push the text to the
right of the caret (further to the right) -- i.e. instead of leaving
overwrite mode, pressing space, and entering it again, I could select
a space and copy/paste that.

The habit comes from an editor which (iirc) did not have a key to
toggle overwrite mode. In TM there is really no advantage to using
copy/paste over toggling overwrite mode.