[TxMt] Abysmal typing speed problems with LaTeX and spellchecking

Christian Bogen christian.bogen at fastmail.fm
Mon Sep 11 10:07:22 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've been experiencing this for quite a while now but until now had
no time to dig into the matter: With "Check Spelling as You Type" I'm
experiencing abysmal typing speed problems when working on LaTeX
documents. It only happens when I'm working some in already existing
paragraphs, *not* when typing at the end of the document. I can
actually see single letters appearing one after another in slow-
motion. Very annoying! Once I turn off "Check Spelling as You Type"
everything's back to normal, but it lacks a lot of convenience ... It
this a known problem? Does anybody else experience these problems, too?

(I'm working on a 12" PB (1st gen., 867 mhz) maxed out with 1.12 GB
RAM. It's plain text with a bit of markup so the machine *should* be
up to it ...!)

Christian