[TxMt] TextMate still holding onto Volumes

John Tsombakos tsom467 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 11:40:26 UTC 2006

Hi,

I had written about this before, but I am still seeing this.

If I have a mounted volume (Either AFP, or in the latest case NFS),
and I've opened some files from that volume (and have subsequently
closed them), when I go to dismount that
volume, I get an error in the Finder stating that the volume is in use.

It always end up being Textmate. Using the terminal, I can see:

john$ lsof | grep TextMate
TextMate   376 john  cwd     VDIR       26,9       4096   343647
/Volumes/10.1.1.104/public_html

(The volume that is mounted is just /Volumes/10.1.1.104/, public_html
is the directory I happened to open a file from.)

The only way around this is to quit TextMate. Any ideas why TM in
holding onto the volume like that?

Thanks,

jt