[TxMt] Re: Deleting files from project drawer

Jonathan Mao jon at jonathanmao.com
Thu Sep 7 10:38:57 UTC 2006

On 07/09/2006, at 6:13 PM, textmate-request at lists.macromates.com wrote:

> From: guerom00 <romain.guerout at stud.unibas.ch>
> Date: 7 September 2006 1:02:24 AM
> To: textmate at lists.macromates.com
> Subject: [TxMt] Deleting files from project drawer
>

> Hi there,
>
> I just want to know the general opinion about deleting
> files from the project drawer.
> Personally, I always only “delete references” and I find it
> a little bit dangerous that the default action in the dialog
> box is “move to Trash”... I have to be carefull each time I
> press backspace in the project drawer.
>
> Am I the only one bothered by this behaviour ? What
> do you guys think ?
>
> I would prefer the default action in the dialog box to be
> “delete references” and on top of that, another dialog
> box to confirm that I really want to move the file
> in the Trash (OK, maybe this would be too much...)
>
> Waiting for your comments :)

Definitely agree with the confirmation.

I find myself deleting all referenced files and re-adding them to the
project drawer regularly.

Why?

Because the project drawer doesn't update itself. I often start with
a template, then 'save as'. When I do this, the file that I started
with in the project gets replaced by the file I saved as. So, I then
add the old file back to the project drawer.

I also often work with other people. I copy their files into my
project folder, but the newly added files don't appear once switch
back to the project.

Consequently, during the course of a whole site, it's (for me)
quicker to simply delete all the references and start again each time
I save a file.

Maybe I'm not doing things the right way...

Cheers
Jonno