[TxMt] feature request/howto: use different color for known TeX commands

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Wed Sep 6 14:21:36 UTC 2006

On Sep 6, 2006, at 8:55 AM, Daniel Käsmayr wrote:

> Max,

> You could write your own Latex grammar and import the "original
> one". Then you can have your own definitions like:
>
> which you can then style and color as you like in your theme.

It would indeed be nice to have the built in LaTeX grammar recognize
“standard commands”. It's really a question of someone assembling a
list of such commands. Then I can easily add them to the grammar.

While we are on the topic of the LaTeX bundle, there is some
discussion among the maintainers about the fact that braces in LaTeX
are not marked the same way as similar constructs are marked in other
languages. In most languages parentheses (the analog in a way to
LaTeX braces) only get a scope of punctuation.something-or-other, and
don't by default get any highlight, though they could be colored by a
custom theme by targeting the appropriate scope. We are thinking of
doing the same for braces in LaTeX, which means that they would not
stand out as they do now unless you especially target their scope in
your theme. The advantage of this new way is that it makes LaTeX look
and feel a bit more like most other programming languages.

So please, share your thoughts on this matter.

Further, there have been a lot of changes in the LaTeX bundle from
the repository, especially a complete rewrite of the help file. So
those of you following the repository copy of the bundle, please let
us know what you think of the new help, what is missing from it and
so on.

> Dan

Haris