[TxMt] Specifying Folding Regions in PHP

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Sep 1 20:50:33 UTC 2006

On 1/9/2006, at 20:21, Derek Belrose wrote:

> I have a strong background in .NET and Visual Studio 2003/2005.
> I'm used to being able to wrap blocks of code around #Region "Fold
> this" and #End Region markers and the UI would allow that block of
> code to fold up.
>
> Is there a way of doing this in Textmate with the PHP bundle or any
> other bundle?  I figured I'd ask before trying to reinvent the wheel.

In Ruby and LaTeX single line comments containing (fold) and (end)
last will act as start/stop folding markers. But it is not a general
convention.

So you would need to modify the HTML folding patterns to include
support for your markers.

We probably could adopt some general conventions and start use them
in the various folding marker patterns, so there would be default
support for more than just { and }.