[TxMt] Re: Updated subversion bundle, now doesn't ignore ._* files

Paul Wright wrighty at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 18:40:28 UTC 2006

On 31/10/06, Paul Wright <wrighty at gmail.com> wrote:
> I know this happened quite a while ago, but it seems with the latest
> revision of the subversion bundle it's crept back in again somehow.
> After last time I took the advice of Luke and created a
> ~/.subversion/config file to ignore ._* as I mount my working copy
> over NFS.  However it seems that even this is being ignored when I go
> to Commit.
>
> My usual workflow is check the status and then click commit from the
> status window.  So currently it seems the status window is correctly
> ignoring the ._whatever temporary files but then moving on to the
> commit window shows them with the ? status.
>
> Looking in the bundle I see in svn_commit.rb there's a
> IgnoreFilePattern which I tried tinkering with until I realised that
> the only subsequent references to it are commented out.
>
> Any clues?
>
> Paul.
>
> /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/Subversion.tmbundle/Support
> Repository UUID: dfb7d73b-c2ec-0310-8fea-fb051d288c6d
> Revision: 5803
> Node Kind: directory
> Schedule: normal
> Last Changed Author: Soryu
> Last Changed Rev: 5793
> Last Changed Date: 2006-10-31 03:03:47 +0000 (Tue, 31 Oct 2006)
>
> TextMate: Version 1.5.4 (1311)

Turns out I had the global-ignores declaration in the wrong part of
~/.subversion/config - for anyone else reading this it should be under
the [miscellany] section rather than the [helpers] section I'd dumped
it in.  So that's stopped it from appearing in the commit window but
I'm still curious about IgnoreFilePattern in svn_commit.rb

Paul.