[TxMt] Re: Remote editing

Thu Oct 26 21:56:18 UTC 2006

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:33:47, romain.guerout at stud.unibas.ch wrote:

> OK : after a quick talk with my system administrator,
> who activates the public keys authentification,
> it works great. :-)
>
> Thanks.

:)  Glad it is working for you now.

One thing I have noticed since I've been using it.  I think I have
the wrong arguments to scp.  I was being clever and made scp copy the
permissions bits in both directions.  I now believe this is a bad
idea.  If you change the permissions on the remote file while
editing, then saving will change them back, which is a hassle.

I haven't updated the tarball on my web page, but given that all the
copying is in the scripts, you can change the args to ssh yourself.
Or even replace ssh with a completely different transport mechanism
if you're so inclined.  It just needs to be able to copy the file
both ways.

Be well,

Will           :-}