[TxMt] SVN Status -> commit button doesn't work?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Thu Oct 26 15:09:11 UTC 2006

On 26. Oct 2006, at 11:31, Quinn Comendant wrote:

> Does the Commit button inside the svn status window not work? I do
> Bundles -> Subversion -> Status, then I see a message noting that I
> have one modified file. I click the "Commit" button, but it says
> "File(s) not modified; nothing to commit." Here is the output from
> this window:

As noted in the other thread http://lists.macromates.com/pipermail/
textmate/2006-October/014178.html

I looked at it, and the problem seems to be, that if there is no
selection, the Status will show for the entire project, where the
commit falls back on current file, when there is no selection.

The status window does give the files it worked on to the
svn_commit.rb script, but they are not used.

So the svn_commit.rb should either be made fallback to entire project
(instead of current file), or accept the arguments given to it by the
status window.

Personally I like that it just commits current file, with no
selection -- but it is probably time for all the svn commands to be
made consistent about selection, project directory, and current file
behavior/fallback :)