[TxMt] Wrap Text as Link with Title

Brett Terpstra brett at circlesixdesign.com
Sun Oct 22 18:10:36 UTC 2006

Okay, this is my version of the wrap text as link command.  It seems
to be failing elegantly now, although I need some testing on other
installations as there are some inconsistencies between my two machines.

It recognizes a link in the clipboard, with or without the leading
protocol, and grabs the title for the page off the net to insert as
the title of the link.  If there is no protocol on the link it will
attempt to use http://.  If the link is bogus or unreachable it will
insert the link that it found but put "Unknown" for the title.  Both
the link and the title are tab-stopped.  I have it set up under CTRL-
SHIFT-L so that you can choose between the original and the link with
title.  Even if you cut out the title grabbing part, it's still seems
like a better way to recognize a link in the clipboard and utilize it.

Brett