[TxMt] GTD vs GTD2 vs GTDalt?

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Mon Oct 16 20:57:58 UTC 2006

On 16 oct. 06, at 21:50, Adam Potthast wrote:

> You can read about the original GTD bundle here:
> http://panalaska.org/geek/?p=43
> and here:
> http://www.panalaska.org/GTD_Stuff/GTD_Intro_Revised.html (though
> note that exclusions.gtd should be excluded.gtd)
>
> And the new version of the bundle here:
> http://panalaska.org/geek/?p=49
>
> with states described here:
> http://patrickrhone.com/journal/archives/2006/05/175.html

Thank you for the links. I read the most recent ones, but I don't
think I've seen the "Revised" link before.

> What I like about the bundle is its really nice views of the
> information, organized by context, then by project.  The file
> structure, while not really allowing for sub-projects, is appealing
> to me too with every project having its own file -- it can
> basically be displayed on screen or in Geektool without any editing.

This is nice.

> One thing that it is missing is Quicksilver-inbox-type processing,
> but I submitted a script to Mike that does this and he seemed
> really interested in pursuing it.

I find this is a really important feature for me. In fact, unless I'm
doing my weekly review, I've found that QuickSilver is the only way I
input things in my kGTD inbox. (I also extensively use the "Append to
file" QS action with a very simple text based tickler that I run on
may machine.) If one could declare a simple text file as an inbox
with this GTD bundle, this could be a simple way to have integration
with QuickSilver.

> I don't know of a way of converting between kGTD and GTD/2, but the
> Geektool export should create a nice file for exporting to a Palm.

Probably, what I need is a simple text file, that I can then
automatically synchronize using Missing Sync.

> I'm sure Mike can give you more up-to-date thinking on where the
> bundle is going and what will be included in the future.

Thank you for your explanations.

Alan

--
Alan Schmitt <http://alan.petitepomme.net/>

The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool
happen.
  .O.
  ..O
  OOO