[TxMt] AUtomatic line break with textmate ?

Grant Hollingworth grant at antiflux.org
Mon Oct 16 18:04:53 UTC 2006

* Erwan David <erwan at rail.eu.org> [2006-10-16 11:03]:
>Thanks, but it then does a very ugly indentation (no space between ">"
>and text, that is not readable), and doc says "To  actually
>             make  use of this format's features, you'll need support in your
>             editor.
>"
>What support is it ?

Mutt ignores $indent_string if $text_flowed is set.  I think it's to
avoid nested quotation with spaces ("> > blah blah").  f=f says [1] that
is has to be ">>blah blah" or ">> blah blah".  Most graphical mail
clients use a "quotation bar" instead of showing the greater-than
symbols.

Your editor needs to handle reflowing the lines.  For Vim, I have this
in my .muttrc: [2]
  set editor="vim -c 'set tw=72 fo=tcoqwanl12 et'"

I guess TextMate's mail bundle should do something similar.  I'd use it,
but my mutt is on a remote machine.

>(this mail is the first one I try with text_flowed = yes, let's hope it
>is readable)

And this is my first.  It seems okay.

[1] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2646.txt
[2] http://forum.textdrive.com/viewtopic.php?pid=103329