[TxMt] Supress Python Decorators in Symbol List

Mike Coyle mcoyle at botonomy.com
Thu Nov 23 03:20:10 UTC 2006

Hello all,

What is the best way to suppress decorators from the Symbol list when
doing Python development?

I'm doing some TurboGears development, which uses Python's decorator
syntax heavily in spots.

In essence, the code looks like this:

    @expose()
    def foo(self):
      pass

    @expose()
    def bar(self):
      pass

    @expose()
    def baz(self):
      pass

The problem is that when I either "Go to Symbol", or click the Symbol
menu, the symbol list is littered with the @expose decorators.

Currently, the Symbol menu looks like this:

    @expose
       foo(self)
    @expose
        bar(self)
    @expose
        baz(self)

I'd prefer for it to look like this instead:

        foo(self)
        bar(self)
        baz(self)

I thought that it would be a matter of  subtracting
"meta.function.decorator.python" from the Symbol List scope selector,
but I tried that to no avail.  Any advice you can provide is
appreciated

Thanks,
  Mike