[TxMt] Latex latex_config.plist

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Tue Nov 21 16:55:24 UTC 2006

On Nov 21, 2006, at 11:28 AM, Hans-Joerg Bibiko wrote:

> To be more specific here what I meant.
>
> Rewrite 'Edit Config File' in such a way:

There is no need for such rewrite. The file is originally in the old
plist format, which is human readable. In fact, if you use the
subversion version of the bundle, you will see it in that format
without any problems. The "problem" is that part of the deployment
phase of a new TM release is to convert all plist files to binary
format, for efficiency. Unfortunately, this file also had the same
extension, and hence was converted into this gibberish that can't be
easily read by human beings. The reason I did not notice this is
because I work with the subversion version of the bundle (which is
often more uptodate btw). I will make the necessary changes when I
get a chance, hopefully soon, so from the next TM release this should
show up in a more human readable format. For now, I've attached the
file in its proper form, so if you want to fix this, here are the steps:

1) save the attachment somewhere in your computer.
2) In the Finder locate the attachment.
3) In a new Finder window, locate the TextMate application, probably
inside the Applications Folder.
4) Right-click (or control-click) and select (Show Package Contents).
5) Follow the folders Contents -> Shared Support -> Bundles, and
locate the Latex.tmbundle.
6) Repeat step 4.
7) Enter the Support folder.and see the file latex_config.plist.
8) Drag the file you downloaded and drop it into this folder. Then
you will be asked if you want to override the latex_config.plist
file. Say yes.
9) You are done!

If you are not afraid of the terminal, you can instead run the one
command:

mv path_to_downloaded_file /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/
SharedSupport/Bundles/Latex.tmbundle/Support/

where the path_to_downloaded_file is the path to where you saved your
file. If you saved it on the desktop, it would be ~/Desktop/
latex_config.plist, so the command would be:

mv ~/Desktop/latex_config.plist /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/
SharedSupport/Bundles/Latex.tmbundle/Support/

> Cheers,
>
> Hans

Haris