[TxMt] some XSLT(v2)-Snippets

Andreas Schöller A.Schoeller at web.de
Tue Nov 14 19:14:32 UTC 2006

Hello,

while playing with the Saxon8-parser from M. Kay [ http://
www.saxonica.com ] i found myself typing a lot of <xsl:command
foo="bar"/> stuff producing lot's of typos and mixing up the syntax.
To simplify my life and to learn xslt2 i did these snippets. Almost
any xsl-instruction i found in M.Kay's documents is in the bundle -
these make up ~70 snippets. Some of them are chained-together, some
contain links M.Kay's documentation or the related W3C-docs. Some xsl
which u might find in the official-doc's are not 'visible' in the
bundle, because theses are only allowed as children inside another
instruction - that way the snippets might help to prevent errors. Any
'mandatory-attribute'='must have' is in the snippets, characterized
by a fixed attribute-name and a placeholder only for the value.
Optional-atts or sub-instructions show up as entire placeholders.
Defaults are always in first place, if a signature is provided with
the placeholder.
This is not very much tested, yet. I'll continue to use and improve
it more and plan to make the xsl:functions also available - maybe
within a second bundle.
limitations : i left out one or two xsl:instructions which deal with
schema-processing and are not supported by the basic-(freely-avail.)
version of Saxon. Furthermore there is and probably will never be
more documentation than provided within this email-thread :-)

One question : I'd thought of auto-generation of snippets, as these
are simple .plist-files, i believe it to be possible to write a
stylesheet to process the html-Saxon-Doc's in order to transform the
info's from the function-library, including all signatures, into
snippets-files (plists). I've seen that these plist-files contain a
string-element like this :
<string>F631FE3C-7D78-4E2E-8A17-688E9890D0B6</string>
which looks like a 'unique'-(cocoa)-identifier. I have no idea what
to put into this and which consequences this might have ? any ideas
are truly welcome ;-)

have phun, andreas

--- XSL(v2) - bundle // v0.1 ---