[TxMt] Repost: __cg_jpeg_resync_to_restart problem

s.ross cwdinfo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 00:19:56 UTC 2006

I sorted out a cruddy workaround, myself which was to edit /etc/
profile as follows:

DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="/System/Library/Frameworks/
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/
Versions/A/Resources":"/opt/local/lib":DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

Note that I have now explicitly placed the System version first. I'm
kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop in terms of what broke. If
I find additional breakage, I will create a
DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH, as you suggest.

This is an important topic, because lots of us use Mac Ports (nee
Darwin Ports), and it seems that some of the libraries they've built
(in particular libtiff and libjpeg) break all kinds of things.

Or primary interest to TextMate users, these libraries cause the
blogging and subversions bundles to fail in a variety of ways.
Additionally, typing 'mate .' from a terminal window causes an error.

Thanks for the reference. The article you cited describes the
solution well.

Steve

[calico web development.com                               ]
[we are open for business 24x7, except when the surf is up]