[TxMt] find/replace in column selection

Leo Brewin Leo.Brewin at sci.monash.edu.au
Sun Nov 12 23:28:00 UTC 2006

Hi Allan,

Yes, I do this kind of thing often enough to make it useful (for me).
Maybe other people have ways of achieving the same result. I came to
TextMate after working with nedit for many years. Its search and
replace in a column selection is exactly how I have described it
here. IMHO, I think a search replace should only ever change the text
that matches the search query (regardless of how the search/replace
was applied -- replace all, replace in selection or even replace in a
column selection). I don't feel comfortable with commands that have
unknown side-effects. Its really only a minor quibble and I'm
certainly very happy with TextMate...but if you do add extra
functionality to the search/replace I'd be even happier!

Cheers,
Leo