[TxMt] Re: textmate Digest, Vol 26, Issue 76

hcabbos hcabbos at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 06:06:40 UTC 2006

Things I'd like to see eliminated.

1) Don't want blank line inserted after Doctype.
2) Don't want to credit Tidy as generator.
3) Don't want blank line inserted after closing head (</head>).
4) Don't want blank line inserted after html comment.
5) Don't want blank line inserted after closing h1 and paragraph tag.
6) Why is it wrapping the CSS found before the closing head tag with:

/*<![CDATA[*/

/*]]>*/

I don't have a problem with the way it indents, just the above concerns.

Besides not doing the stuff mentioned above, Dreamweaver's Source Formatting
command:

1) Eliminates all blank line feeds.

2) Does not place content within <p></p> in a separate indented line. It
keeps everything compact like so:

3) *Does* place the content within <div></div> on a separate line indented
like so:

Yep, maybe a GUI dialog would help but for the masses migrating from
Dreamweaver, maybe providing a default Dreamweaver-like setting that
addresses the above would suffice. What's crazy is that as great as BBEdit
and other editors are, I know a lot of people that keep Dreamweaver around
just for source formatting.

---------- Forwarded message ----------From: Jacob Rus <jrus at hcs.harvard.edu