[TxMt] CJK-Input.tmplugin

Niels Kobschätzki n.kobschaetzki at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 10 19:06:11 UTC 2006

On Nov 10, 2006, at 7:21 PM, Hans-Joerg Bibiko wrote:

>>> I have released tmplugin that supports CJK input.
>>> http://hetima.com/textmate/index-e.html
>>>
>>> It detects input mode correctly. No action to activate required.
>>> I have tested only Japanese. But it will works with other
>>> language  that uses Input Method as well.
>>>
>>> Screenshot is here.
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/hetima/293699370/
>>
>> That's really cool :)
>> Thanks a lot
>>

> Indeed, yes it is very cool. !!!!!
>
> But, I already wrote Hetima about a bug. I was not able to type
> Chinese. If I switched to Pinyin CJKinput automatically switched to
> Japanese Hiragana.
>
> BUT...
> Now I'm home and I tried it at my Mac at home. Here I started with
> Pinyin and it worked!!? Then I wrote some German and switched to
> Japanese Hiragana, but then CJKinput keeps Pinyin.
>
> Can anyone verify the same behavior?
>
> In other words, CJKinput allows "only" one input method and
> remembers it per session.
>
> That would be ok for I guess 80% of all cases, but I often write
> Japanese, Chinese, and other languages within one document.

You should be able to switch back to Chinese - at least it works for
Korean input (I'm using HNC romaja) when I switch with the keyboard
shortcut to switch between input methods.
Actually it remembers in the beginning the last used input method.
Here's an example:
Let's say you quit the program using Kotoeri.
The next time you open TextMate and switch to Japanese you will be
able to do a direct input. Now you switch to Chinese, when you do the
input it switches back to the last used language in the input window
(which was Japanese[1]), now you can  switch to the wished language.
Next time you'll do the input, it remembers the last used language -
normal behaviour in Mac OS X.

[1] and that's unfortunately quite a normal behaviour in Mac OS X-
apps -- I fight with it all the time when I try to translate korean
stuff via Korean -> Japanese -> English through web-dictionaries and
JEdict or the other way around which works quite good because Korean
and Japanese are so similar. The applications remember by itself what
the last used language in it was and it seems that for "input" the
plugin counts as an extra app and not as TextMate.

Niels