[TxMt] HYPERSEARCH - final? version

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Thu Nov 9 13:29:04 UTC 2006

> 1. this is "only" a "search for a string in some file and put a
> nive web display", right? I'm not missing any features?

Actually, you can use the built-in command 'Find in Project' to get
almost the same result, except for:
-each occurrence is written as a new line; so if you have 10
occurrences you will have 10 lines output (not my favorite)
-if I'm looking for regexp '>(.*?)<' 'find in project' also highlight
'>' and '<' (maybe a changeable?)
-there is no way to see the result of virtual replacements
-there is no way to get/copy all occurrences out from that (?)
-you have to save your document in beforhand (I'm often dealing with
temp files, because I have to convert dozens of text files)

The reasons why I'm writing this are:
1) to verify my regular expression in beforehand if I want to make a
'find/replace all' statement with this regular expression
-- this is the main reason for writing hypersearch (coming soon)!! I
want to include the result of such 'virtual' replacement within the
HTML page.
2) to get all results of the regular expression as a new document
(coming soon)!!
3) to display ALL occurrences of a plain string or the result of a
regular expression search according to the document's format
4) maybe some other users prefer Hypersearch instead of 'Find in
Project' for a single file

5) to learn how to use TM better ;)

So 'final' was the wrong word here!

> 2. are you thinking on extending this to support finding over
> several files or the entire project?

Well, this is a good idea. But, as I mentioned before. You can also
use 'Find in Project' for that. But I will see...

> I hope I don't sound too offensive :)

Not at all ;)

Best,

Hans