[TxMt] Re: How to use "Find in Project" functionality in a command (help appreciated)

Jacob Rus jrus at hcs.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 7 14:51:36 UTC 2006

Bert Fitié wrote:

> A relative link as a <URL> construct doesn't work in markdown, but in
> the [desc](URL) form it does; thanks for the tip.
>
> It still leaves the point that I have to nominate a file in the relative
> link; with search-based linking (which I do manually right now with the
> "Find in Project" dialog since I don't have my command yet) I don't need
> a file name as long as the file is in my project.

Hmm, one way you could maybe get around this is to use reference style
links, like [this][linkname], and then have a global list of references,
that you stick at the bottom of each file, and can change across all
your files.  You can write a script to go through and update all the
references at the bottom of the files, or you can use something like the
tminclude stuff instead.

-Jacob

[linkname]: ../some_file_or_other.mdown