[TxMt] mate and file owner

Une Bévue yt.trash at free.fr
Fri Nov 3 05:06:16 UTC 2006

Le 3 nov. 06 à 05:24, Allan Odgaard a écrit :

> There basically is no way you can currently do what you want -- but
> since ‘sudo mate’ is (by several users) expected to transfer the
> super user privileges to TextMate (for just that file), I will look
> into how this could possibly be pulled off sometime in the future
> (it would be a nice little feature).

this little feature is allready implemented in SubEthaEdit... (afaik)

something i didn't understood, suppose i write a wrapper to mate
"sudo_mate" even launching TextMate like that :

sudo /Applications/TextMate/TextMate.app/Contents/MacOS/TextMate
blahblah

textmate isn't aware of the user ? because of internals, that's to
say after lauchning the parent process above another child is open
which doesn't have the same perms ????

best,

Yvon