[TxMt] Bundles: R; LaTeX deep include parsing

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Wed May 3 03:06:43 UTC 2006

On May 2, 2006, at 8:26 PM, Peter Cowan wrote:

> You can fake it by doing 'R --save --restore --slave' which saves a
> .Rdata file with stored functions and variables and restores whatever
> one it can find.  There of course can be side effects if a workspace
> exists from a previous use.

The side effects here would really be very undesirable, I think.
Plus, this does not solve my main problem, of accessing the file real-
time, as it is being written, from within Ruby.

> printf "?$TM_SELECTED_TEXT" | R --slave
>
> Or when you said instant, did you intend mouse hovering to bring up
> the tooltip?

No, that's what I meant. Of course, TM_SELECTED_TEXT might not be the
right thing, even if it falls back to "word", since R allows commands
like help.start which are not "words" in TextMate.
So, the command should scan the current line for the "R command under
the cursor".
And ideally there would be two commands, one bound to ctrl-/ and
doing exactly the tooltip thing, and another, perhaps bound to ctrl-
shift-/, that would open up the online help on the word or something
like that.

> Peter

Haris