[TxMt] subversion question

Chris Thomas chris at cjack.com
Thu Mar 30 01:49:50 UTC 2006

On Mar 29, 2006, at 5:30 PM, Ken Scott wrote:

> Second, how hard is it to add the svn delete and move commands to
> the menu? That's about the only commands I saw that really were
> missing. I'm helping someone get up to speed with version control,
> and he prefers to stay in the editor for as much as possible.

Delete should be as simple as duplicating the Add command and
replacing "add" with "delete" (or "rm"). Within the confines of TM,
you'd also really be obliged to add a warning dialog, to make sure
that's what the user really intended, because "svn rm" deletes the
file from the working copy immediately. On the command line, you can
get it back using "svn revert", but within TM, the document would be
gone, so there's nothing to execute a command on.

Moves (and copies) are a bit more work, because you need user
interface to set the destination. A simple implementation would be to
write some AppleScript to get a local destination folder within your
Subversion workspace. A complete implementation would allow you to
move to anywhere within the repository.

Chris