[TxMt] Show Invisibles (Spaces) in TextMate?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Mar 28 17:53:41 UTC 2006

On 28/3/2006, at 7:35, Ryan J. Bonnell wrote:

> [...] TextMate seems to show tabs and line endings but not any more of
> the non-printing characters that BBEdit shows

It does show unprintable characters, but not spaces. I found that to
look too busy and the spaces should be indicated by where there are
no other “invisibles” shown (I know there are requests for
configuration here).

> I was able to find the ShowInvisibles Bundle for TexMate that aims
> to highlight tabs and spaces in different colors but it doesn't
> appear to work with my setup and/or preferences.

It was created prior to the theme system. What it does is give a
certain scope to spaces (and other characters), but for that to show,
you would need to add a theme rule for it.