[TxMt] Re: Language Grammar & more

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Mar 26 20:04:48 UTC 2006

On 26/3/2006, at 13:36, Daniel Käsmayr wrote:

>>> [...] What exactly IS the most useful way and best way in regards
>>> to updating "official" bundles via svn to make customized bundles?
>> Create an entirely new language grammar and have that one include
>> the default one. Then set your files to use the custom grammar
>> instead of the official.
> Should be in the manual or FAQ. (Or is it and I have missed it?)

Yes, it comes up a lot here, so I do plan to add it to the manual.

>> No Support folder?
> I had a support folder in ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate
> but did check out the svn version into /Library… as well, now.

The most local will take precedence, so the one in ~/Library will
eclipse the one in /Library -- I assume the one in ~/Library/… was
from the svn as well then.

>> [...] Do you see the Edit in TextMate… menu item in the Edit menu
>> of Mail? If not, did you restart Mail after installing the input
>> manager?
> No, I do not see it. Even after a couple of restarts… maybe it is
> because of me being on an iMac CoreDuo? But then as far as I have
> seen the InputManager seems to be Universal.

The problem is likely that you are not using English menu texts in
Mail -- currently the input manager just looks for the menu named
Edit and add its item there.

I have updated the source of the input manager at the repository, if
you are familiar with Xcode you could compile that -- otherwise I
_probably_ will do a 1.5.1 release in 1-2 weeks, not entirely sure
about this, as I don’t want to be distracted too much from the work
happening with 2.0, but there are a lot of reasons to put out an
1.5.1 update.