[TxMt] Re: Language Grammar & more

Daniel Käsmayr 321r7db02 at sneakemail.com
Sun Mar 26 11:36:18 UTC 2006

Allan,

thank you for clarifying things even more.

I believe THIS:

>> [...] What exactly IS the most useful way and best way in regards
>> to updating "official" bundles via svn to make customized bundles?
>
> Create an entirely new language grammar and have that one include
> the default one. Then set your files to use the custom grammar
> instead of the official.

Should be in the manual or FAQ. (Or is it and I have missed it?)

>> [...] A couple questions still bog my mind, though:
>> - Am I correct assuming that I can use a certain pattern just
>> once? When I copy a rule from Latex.plist to my custom.plist -
>> only the one encountered first gets to markup the text.
>
> Yes, just like a regular parser :)

Oh, OK, whatever a regular parser is - I am just a chemist, not a
programmer. ;)

>> - Is there a way to markup a pattern with more than just one
>> scopes? Like for \begin{mycustomlist} set something like
>> meta.environment.list *and* meta.package.custom
>
> Generally one would use a longer scope name and put the extra
> information deeeper in the scope name. But you can use captures to
> overcome the limitation.

Thanks for the hint; I guess I will need to figure out if the whole
thing is necessary at all… ;)

>> I am using a svn checkout of the bundle -
>>> e181090182:/Library/Application Support/TextMate dekay$ ls
>>> Bundles         Conventions.txt LICENSE         Themes
>>> Tools
>
> No Support folder?

I had a support folder in ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate but
did check out the svn version into /Library… as well, now.

>> [...] Also I cannot get the "Edit in Textmate"-InputManager to
>> work in Mail.app - it works e.g. in TextMate's Bundle-Editor (very
>> useful), but Mail.app would be even more so. ;(
>
> Do you see the Edit in TextMate… menu item in the Edit menu of
> Mail? If not, did you restart Mail after installing the input manager?

No, I do not see it. Even after a couple of restarts… maybe it is
because of me being on an iMac CoreDuo? But then as far as I have
seen the InputManager seems to be Universal.

now back to my breakfast,

Dan