[TxMt] Possible crisis with $TM_variables

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Mar 17 21:09:25 UTC 2006

On 17/3/2006, at 11:55, Andreas Wahlin wrote:

> [...] So I thought maybe there was a problem with the path $TM_xxx
> variables (those are paths, mainly, right?)

These are environment variables set by TextMate. Unless the shell
command which runs unset them or similar, no “external” stuff should
affect them.

> [...] neither plugin install nor showing of scope works. Any help?

Are those the only two commands which do not work?

As for Show Scope, it shows a tool tip, so if you call it from the
menu, it might just go away as soon as it opens.

Try e.g. from a new document to type:

    echo "$TM_SCOPE" # press ctrl-R to execute

And try the ctrl-shift P key equivalent.