[TxMt] Extra indentation in Markdown mode

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Thu Mar 2 13:04:09 UTC 2006

On 1/3/2006, at 16:31, Dr. Drang wrote:

> Unfortunately, I'm too new to TextMate to really understand this.
> But it sounds like the new Markdown bundle will not have the extra
> indentation by default. Am I right?

Yes, for raw environments.

> As I understand it, the default bundles are in /Applications/
> TextMate/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles and any changes/additions I
> make to a bundle are in  ~/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/
> Bundles. The manual says that when checking out bundles from svn, I
> should put them in Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Bundles.
> Does this mean that the priority for bundle behavior is this?
>
> Highest:   ~/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Bundles
>            /Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Bundles
> Lowest:    /Applications/TextMate/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles

Yes -- and it merges bundles on a per-item basis. So add one item to
the Markdown bundle, and only that item goes to ~/Library, and the
rest is still from the default bundle.

Basically TM will never “blow away” any custom stuff when you
upgrade. For that, you need to actively delete stuff in ~/Library.