[TxMt] Extra indentation in Markdown mode

Dr. Drang drdrang at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 15:31:22 UTC 2006

On Mar 1, 2006, at 8:15 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 1/3/2006, at 8:21, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
>
>> I will agree with you that in markup.raw.block.markdown it perhaps
>> should not get special treatment [...]
>
> I added a Preferences item to the Markdown bundle which sets the
> increase/decrease indent patterns as they are set in the Source
> bundle, and scoped this to markup.raw.block.markdown -- so at least
> in raw text in Markdown, C++ template arguments are not mistaken
> for HTML tags.

Unfortunately, I'm too new to TextMate to really understand this. But
it sounds like the new Markdown bundle will not have the extra
indentation by default. Am I right?

I also want to make sure I understand the bundle hierarchy before I
install anything new. I've made my own additions to TM's Markdown
support and I don't want them to get blown away.

As I understand it, the default bundles are in /Applications/TextMate/
Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles and any changes/additions I make to a
bundle are in  ~/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Bundles. The
manual says that when checking out bundles from svn, I should put
them in Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Bundles. Does this mean
that the priority for bundle behavior is this?

Highest:   ~/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Bundles
            /Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Bundles
Lowest:    /Applications/TextMate/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles

--
Dr. Drang