[TxMt] mate link creation error

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Thu Mar 2 12:52:02 UTC 2006

On 2/3/2006, at 6:45, Brian Caldwell wrote:

> Conclusion: whatever process or command within Textmate that
> created the
> original (bad) symlink in /usr/bin needs to get tweaked to add the
> TextMate bundle (Textmate) into the source file name. The Textmate app
> name (TextMate.app) is fine, but both are needed.

I think more likely the link was already created, while TM was
running from just ~/Desktop (instead of ~/Desktop/TextMate).

Though why it did not detect, that there already was a link, I don’t
know. A quick test shows that this code works here -- but “operation
not permitted” would indicate failure to overwrite the existing link
(which does have to be removed for TM to be able to create a new,
unline e.g. files, but TM should also detect when there already is one).