[TxMt] dragging text selection

Artie Ziff artie.ziff at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 05:58:32 UTC 2006

> > I am a BBEdit convert. I must be doing something wrong when I select

Me too.

> > text and then expect to move it by mousing-down on the new selection
> > and moving the cursor. Is this posted in a AQ somewhere?
>
>   It works fine here...
>
>   ...just select, click & hold until the 'I Beam' cursor turns to an arrow,
>   and enjoy dragginess :D

Yes. And in the Mac User Interface that I recall, the option key was
used for a duplication type of override to many commands. In any
editor I used, pressing the "option" modifier key in conjunction with
this mouse-down-then-drag would result in a copy of the text in the
destination instead of just a move of the text. How can I do that in
Textmate?

Thanks!

PS: is this in a FAQ? :-}