[TxMt] Number shortcuts in the popup syntax menu

Sami Samhuri sjs at uvic.ca
Tue Jun 20 05:43:03 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm not exactly sure if that's what the menu's called, but I'm
referring to the one that pops up when you hit Ctrl-Shift-Opt-?, as
in ⌃⌥⇧P, and lists all the language grammars starting with P.
Anyway, I always used to move to the arrow keys to select the
language. Now that I think about it I probably could have typed the
first few chars to get where I wanted, but having the number
shortcuts is awesome.

Thank you Allan, for continuing to make TextMate the best text editor
on any platform. CVS support be damned! ;-) Keep adding the small but
useful features like this one and you'll keep your loyal customers
thrilled about TextMate. Like I recently blogged about Apple, it's
the excruciating attention to the smallest, seemingly unimportant
details that really make me love something. I'm sure many others feel
the same.

The major features like snippets are easy to get used to and take for
granted, and will certainly be mimicked. Your innovative features and
attention to detail will set TextMate apart even when the prominent
features are copied. This is easily the best €40 I've spent on
software. It was a steal. Thanks again!

Sami